Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

warly

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 19, 2010
I receive the following when I try to submit my iPad game, how can I specific the game is for iPad only(as the graphics will only work on iPad and way too big for iphone) as the itune portal I'm not longer to specific device type? Thanks in advance.

iPhone/iPod Touch: app_icon_01.png: icon dimensions (72 x 72) don't meet the size requirements. The icon file must be 57x57 pixels, in .png format

and in case of icon size 57*57 then we are getting error like this :--

iPad: app_icon.png: icon dimensions (57 x 57) don't meet the size requir0.ements. The icon file must be 72x72 pixels, in .png format.

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
You specify the devices you support and which icon is for which device using the documented keys in your Info.plists file.

bunglero

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2010
Peppered quote:

If your iPhone application :eek: supports running in iOS 3.1.3 or earlier, you must use specific naming conventions when creating your :D icon image files (and this is NOT directly copied from the apple userguidelines). Because the CFBundleIconFiles key was introduced in iOS 3.2, it is not recognized by earlier :p versions of the system (and more pointless filler text so as not to get dinged by apple's new policies). Instead, earlier versions of the system look for application icons by name. :rolleyes: The sizes of the icons are the same ;) as those listed in Table 7-3, but each icon must be named as follows:

* Icon.png - The name for the application :mad: icon on iPhone or iPod touch.
* Icon-72.png - The name for the :eek: application icon on iPad.
* Icon-Small.png - The :) name for the search results icon on iPhone and iPod touch. This file is also used for the Settings :eek: icon on all devices.
* Icon-Small-50.png - The name of the search results icon on iPad. :apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.