Icon Redesign (Safari, Newsstand, Reminders)

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by ajvizzgamer101, Jun 16, 2013.

1. ajvizzgamer101 macrumors 65816

I feel Safari, Newsstand, and Reminders have the words apps. I made them better.

Attached Files:

2. whocaresit macrumors 6502a

Needs to be more flatter.. no gradients. And only in black and white.

3. jbenkelman macrumors 6502

jbenkelman

I like these. The Safari app seems to follow the gradient of the iTunes/App Store icons.

4. Eso macrumors 68000

Eso

5. redbeard331 macrumors 6502a

redbeard331

Why not just blank white icons, if Apple truly wants it to be ultra minimalist..:rolleyes:

6. BvizioN macrumors 68040

BvizioN

I seriously can't understand this all the sudden obsession with icons!! Stock apps usually end up buried in a folder anyway and hundreds of other apps with a different icons will be floating on the screen!

7. G-Force macrumors 6502a

I personally don't think these are better, sorry.

8. na1577 macrumors 6502a

These are fantastic. I don't really care for the Safari icon, but it's an improvement over Apple's work and still fits into their rather unfortunate new style. I really love the Newstand icon, although I think it's a little bit too abstract in comparison to the rest of Apple's icons. Great work.

9. ajvizzgamer101 thread starter macrumors 65816

Yes, many of people use Google's apps or other companies apps. I use Apple's defaults. I don't like having more apps than I need to. I myself am a minimalist.

10. Brittany246 macrumors 6502a

Most of my stock apps are on the first screen, and my downloaded apps start on the second screen. So the first thing I see when I unlock my phone are the stock icons. I'll probably end up hiding all of them in a folder if the icons are still ugly when they release it to the public.

11. BvizioN macrumors 68040

BvizioN

Yeah... ok, fair enough. But isn't the whole idea of a smart phone to use the apps rather then stair at them? I didn't mind the old ones either, though I admit that they look bad for my taste now compare to the iOS.

12. Brittany246 macrumors 6502a

Yeah, it's not the point, but I look at them every time I unlock my phone. I don't go out of my way to stare at them. I never had a problem with the old icons, so I never realized how much the icons even mattered.

13. BvizioN macrumors 68040

BvizioN

You never had a problem because you never had anything to compare them with. They are from 2007 when there was not any mobile OS of this kind around and it was all impressive (as depressing as the old iOS's are) and people except it right away. Now on 2013 things are just not the same. Peoples expectations are sky high and companies like apple have to deal with millions of different taste to satisfy and no matter what, people still will just complain.

Look, am not saying that icons are impressive. They are not. But they could undergo changes like anything else. What am saying is that people are making a big deal of such a small thing that could and possibly will be changed quite soon. Personally I wouldn't give a toss and I like them, but I would be happy if they get changed for the sake of these who are loosing the sleep over them.

14. Brittany246 macrumors 6502a

It's not because I had nothing to compare the old icons to. It's because I never thought they were hideous together. I don't have to compare the new icons to anything to think they're ugly. Of course they can easily be changed, but they'll probably still be ugly with that color scheme. The icons obviously are more important to people than you think. Not everyone hides them away in a folder like you do. That's probably why you don't get why people are complaining about them.

15. BvizioN macrumors 68040

BvizioN

Dude, I never said I hide stock apps in a folder, I said most people do (based from what I read here) Half of my stock apps are on the home screen and some I rarely use (like compass, stoks, carculator etc) in a folder and not because they are ugly but because I don't use them often. Ugly is subjective, the eye of the beholder! Just because you (and some others) don't like them it doesn't mean that the rest of people don't. We have different taste.

16. Sheza macrumors 65816

Sheza