Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ebouwman

Cancelled
Original poster
Jan 5, 2007
Firstly, i know what I did was stupid...

I was replacing my app icons with new ones from interfacelift.com and I umm...
forgot to back-up the old icon images, so i'm stuck with either more custop icons, or with the custom ones i already have.

Is there somewhere that I can get the origional icons for my computer?

I replaced Safari, iTunes, Mail, iChat, adress book, iPhoto, preview, stickies, and the macHD without storing the old icons somewhere.

Blubbert

macrumors 6502
Nov 1, 2006
Did you replace them by going into the Get Info menu and pasting the new icon onto the old one? If so, you can just click on the custom icon and press delete, this will restore the old icon.

ebouwman

Cancelled
Original poster
Jan 5, 2007
i was going to take a screenshot to show all the icons i screwed up, but something weird happened and now i have 2 docks????:p

Did you replace them by going into the Get Info menu and pasting the new icon onto the old one? If so, you can just click on the custom icon and press delete, this will restore the old icon.

clicking the icon in "getInfo"?

oh wow, now i feel dumb:p so easy to fix yet i never knew

Attachments

• Picture 3.png
    Picture 3.png
    137.2 KB · Views: 98

ebouwman

Cancelled
Original poster
Jan 5, 2007
i think i'm having another more serious problem :(
i deleted the icon image in get info but when i restarted my computer because of the double dock it went back to normal, i deleted it again and i noticed that i could see a bit of the image of the old icon in the background.

I moved the HD and saw the old HD image, now i'm having problems.
The old HD icon (the chest thing in the pic) can't be used if i click on it nothing happens, the same is true for one of my docks, the extra dock can't be used, it's like it's part of the background

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    55.4 KB · Views: 241
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.