icon reverts back to original after change

Discussion in 'macOS' started by invasian, Jun 26, 2007.

1. invasian macrumors regular

invasian

So I wanted to change the icons in the finder window of the desktop, my home, applicaitons, music, videos, etc. Everything is great except for one problem. One of the icons keeps reverting back to the original icon. It just happens with the applications icon. From the screen grab, you can see that all the icons are what I changed it to except for the applications icon. It has reverted back to the default icon and i have no idea. When I do get info, you can see that the icon is the actual one that I want. To fix this, i just copy and paste the icon in the get info window, but as soon as I restart my computer, it will go back to the default icon. Anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening?

I'm not using candybar. I'm manually changing the icons. The problem still exists if I use a different icon from it.

[​IMG]

2. odinsride macrumors 65816

odinsride

Try CandyBar (google it), it lets you change the icons that are harder to change.

3. Jessy macrumors regular

I can't believe this is still a problem. I ran into this a couple years ago, and haven't bothered to play with it since then because it was so bad.

4. invasian thread starter macrumors regular

invasian

Jessy,

That's crazy. I really wonder what the problem is.

odinsride,

I am aware of candybar and I could try it, but I don't really feel like paying for it just yet.

5. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

The problem is that OS X uses a different set of icons for certain folders (the Apps folder, the Home folder and the folders in your Home folder (documents, movies) once you put them in the sidebar. In the main Finder window they should display the change, but the sidebar calls on a different set of icons (that Candybar can change).