Icon selection gives wrong application

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by johndrew, Dec 2, 2010.

1. johndrew macrumors newbie

I may be in the wrong place to post this. I am 67and a newbee so be easy on me. If this were on my putter, I would think it was a virus.

I have a Iphone 3G with 32gb. The screen was broke so my newphew replaced it with a new one.

Now everythig is off by one icon. The camera is on the far left, to the right is weather. When I click on the weather, it takes a picture.

On the calculator I key 8 and it puts in 7.

On the keyboard it is off two . I key D and get A

NOw I am having to write down what wrong Icon I need to tap to get the right application. Any suggestions?

2. lucifiel macrumors 6502a

lucifiel

sounds like something is stuffed with the digitiser and/or the entire glass panel and its communication with the logic board.

Short of buying a new front panel and re-doing it, I don't know what else to tell you.

3. w00t951 macrumors 68000

w00t951

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I believe he improperly replaced the "digitizer," or the device that registers touches as converts them into interface actions. Just ask him to check it out again, or go to an Apple Store.