Icon Size Horror with Trackpad

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by caspar carlo, Apr 3, 2011.

1. caspar carlo macrumors newbie

Isn't that one of the general nuisances of software upgrades:
    New features jump in your face instead of a friendly outline how to manually activate them. And so often the de-activation is one of the most complicated things to find out.
    That's what is currently driving me nuts with Snowleopard's icon size change (through trackpad) feature.
    Dont get me wrong, I love (most) of the trackpad features. But I cannot find out how to disable the stupid Icon size change feature through zoom gesture on trackpad (My general trackpad zoom option is even de-activated)
    It's NOT in Finder View Options and I cannot find it in the trackpad preferences either.

Each time I move two fingers on the trackpad (in Finder mode) my desktop swooshes onto mini icons and everything is totally mixed up when I zoom back to medium size try to put folders back where I want them to.
    Terrible unnecessary feature.

Anyone?

Thanks,

C.C.

2. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

When it happens just swoosh it back again. You can change the icon size effortlessly, so if you do it by accident its easy to switch back. Once swipe will put em' back where they were...

3. montycat macrumors 6502

montycat

I never noticed that on the desktop (I only have one icon on my desktop). My MBP does the same thing. Just don't pinch on the desktop to zoom in and out!:) I only do that to make web pages easier to see.

4. caspar carlo thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the comments, montycat and mrsir

So you are telling me that there is NO hidden prefenrence to diable this feature.

Thats so mean!

PS I'll try the swoosh-back..still annoying.

5. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I agree; it's annoying. You can turn it off under Sys Prefs > Trackpad, it's confusingly called "Pinch Open & Close".

6. montycat macrumors 6502

montycat

IMHO this is the best feature of the Trackpad. If I turned it off I might as well go back to my Mighty Mouse:eek: