icon spacing between apps

Discussion in 'iPad' started by TB07-NJ, Oct 10, 2011.

1. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

Just got an iPad 2 (returned a Galaxy 10.1 Android tablet). Is there an app to change the icon spacing between the apps? They are so far apart.

2. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

Apple doesnt allow any app to tweak to OS.

3. Old Muley macrumors 6502a

Old Muley

Too bad you can't change this. I'd like to see the horizontal spacing between icons be about the same size as the icon itself.

4. TB07-NJ thread starter macrumors 68020

Yea, figured. Apple doesn't allow much of anything. Can't even jailbreak due to GSM iPad 4.3.5. :mad:

5. TheSuperSteve macrumors 6502

Jailbreaking sucks anyways. You either get buggy OS tweaks or ghastly looking themes by doing it. Or you pirate stuff using it. Which is wrong and those that do it should feel very very bad about themselves. :eek:

If you wanted a tablet with plenty of customization options you should have gotten an Android tablet. I hear those Galaxy Tabs are decent ones. There is also the upcoming Amazon Kindle Fire to consider. :)

6. bufffilm Suspended

bufffilm

you have no idea what you're babbling about. my JB'd ipad is pretty rock solid and includes a number of tweaks & productivity options - features which Apple is just starting to debut in iOS5 for the first time or which is still absent (such as the 5 row keyboard).

JB-ing is the furthest thing from sucks.

7. TB07-NJ thread starter macrumors 68020

I appreciate that you are being my conscience.

I also have a Galaxy Tab 10.1 as well as a Galaxy SII phone. This one is for my wife. Her jailbroken iPhones have been rock stable for years over all the models. I like to Jailbreak just for some of the tweaks we have been using for years. Gets around Apple's limitations. I'm sure eventually this will be "jailbreakable" and until then I have to live with the awful looking wide spacing between icons that I have no option to change.