iPad Icon still shakes after hitting home or hold button

Discussion in 'iPad' started by kulimer, Apr 14, 2013.

1. kulimer macrumors 6502

I thought when you delete an app, you hit the home button, the icons should stop shaking. Well, not this time. :rolleyes:

I've experimented this several times, pretty sure it's misbehaving. Did Apple update something I totally missed?

2. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Not sure what you're getting at. To delete an app, you press and hold on any icon and then tap the "x" that appears in the corner of the app you want to delete. Then press home button to make the icons stop shaking. Is this not happening?

3. macalec macrumors 6502

You select and hold the app icon when they shake, then press the x button to delete. then press the home button, they should stop shaking. Are you following this process?

4. kulimer thread starter macrumors 6502

Exactly what I am doing. Ain't working. I have an open-box from Best Buy, btw.

5. ThatsMeRight macrumors 68020

6. ramram55 macrumors 6502

7. kulimer thread starter macrumors 6502

Wow, you are right, home button not working.

How could this be? I never use it.

Btw, yesterday was hot, I left it in the car. Why is it that whenever season changes my electronics tend to malfunction as if it prefers one season.

8. ramram55 macrumors 6502

one thing is opened box ipad from Best Buy could be demo with hundreds and thousands touches on the Home button, if you can return it then go ahead.

9. kulimer thread starter macrumors 6502

I've had it for 8 months now. :( Do you think this is still under warranty?

10. bufffilm macrumors 68040

bufffilm

if the ipad was a demo unit, then bestbuy couldn't sell it as a open box item.

11. kulimer thread starter macrumors 6502

update: it worked this morning. btw, the weather also cooled down. Let's see if it stops working in the heat again.

12. Ladybug macrumors 65816

Ladybug

I was going to say perhaps your icons were just nervous, I mean you did hit them after all. :D

Probably the temps as you say or humidity perhaps making it stick.

13. simply stunning macrumors regular

If it is only 8 months old yes. This is a known problem with Apple products that the button can go out. It doesn't happen to everyone, but I have had it happen to me on one of my devices and so has my brother in law. I would make an appointment at a genius bar and see what they say.