Icon Stuck to Photo

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Pani, Sep 21, 2007.

1. Pani macrumors member

Pani

I am not sure I am going to explain this right, but my internet explorer icon has somehow merged with a photo. Every time I open it, it opens the photo on my desktop as well. I can't seem to separate them with the mouse. Is there anything I can do?

Also, does any non AOL user have aol IM? All of a sudden, my IM has stopped working. I can IM my buddy and I see the screen but I don't get his replies even though he sends them. Did they upgrade or something? Sorry if this is in the wrong place.

Thanks in advance.

2. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

Is the photo icon located under/over the IE icon? If so, you can select View > Arrange By > (any of the options)...and it will separate the icons. You can rearrange the icons back how you want them afterwards.

Why are you using IE and AOL IM? (Unless you are stuck on a work PC or something).

3. Pani thread starter macrumors member

Pani

Thanks

Thank you! I am using AOL IM to talk with one particular person. I cancelled my AOL account along time ago, but am IMing my friend who is still on aol. Do I have other options? Are they free like AOLIM?