Icon Swapping

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by evotoiphone, Feb 4, 2012.

1. evotoiphone macrumors regular

Is there such an app that does this? I love them that I have and it has lots of extra icons. Only problem, I can't find where the theme has the icons and I want to easily be able to use these extra icons for stuff that the theme isnt covering....

If any of that makes sense LOL.. Example. I have a news app that I use and the theme doesn't have an icon for it but there is an "extra" icon in the theme that I would like to use for that app. Where in the heck do I put the "extra" icon so that it is used fr that news app?

2. Mac.World macrumors 68000

Mac.World

You have to replace it using ifile or ssh. Finding the correct icon can take some time, depending on where the dev hid it or if he didn't use typical naming conventions.

Usually, it'll be in var/stash/theme.xxx/bundles/application name/icon@2x.png

Replace the png file.

3. evotoiphone thread starter macrumors regular

Got it! Now how about when the application name isnt in there? Do I just make a folder called wcvb.app (thats the news app I use) and drop the icon in?

4. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

FYI the quick way to the themes folder is:

/Library/Themes

You can ditch the var stash .xxxx stuff and save a lot of time.

5. Mac.World macrumors 68000

Mac.World

Negative. You have to find the folder the icon is located in and swap it out. Making your own folder does nothing.

6. evotoiphone thread starter macrumors regular