Icon symbols in control center in iOS 9.2.1

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by AddisonIII, Feb 7, 2016.

1. AddisonIII macrumors regular

Recently I noticed what I think are new icons/symbols located in the control center of my iPad Air 2. The symbols are located on the left side just above the volume control. They are in the form of 3/4 circles with the number 15 in the middle. I have googled and yahoo searched with no luck, other than seeing a few pictures that show what I see but not saying what is means.
    Can someone explain their meaning since clicking on them seems to do nothing. Thanks!

2. AddisonIII thread starter macrumors regular

Can someone please tell me the meaning of the icon's/symbols located above the volume in control center. I'm having no luck finding an answer.

3. Alrescha macrumors 68020

Those are the podcast controls 'skip back 15 seconds' and 'skip forward 15 seconds'.

A.

4. AddisonIII thread starter macrumors regular

I have never used podcast and wonder is there a tutorial on how it works? One other question how long has that been in control center? Most pictures I see showing control center doesn't show the 15 sec thing. Is there a way to remove it? Or is it now part of iOS . Before I forget.... Thank you for your help.

5. Alrescha, Feb 8, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2016

Alrescha macrumors 68020

You are most welcome. As for a tutorial, the first thing I can think of is the iOS 9.2 iPad user guide, which you can download for free from the iBooks store (in the iBooks app). You can learn a lot of things about iOS from that.

The controls show up differently depending on what audio app is active. If you play music, you will see a different set of controls (without the skip buttons). The controls can work with third-party apps as well, so if you use Pandora (for instance) you will be able to control Pandora from Control Center.

I do not know when audio controls arrived in Control Center - I have not been paying attention :)

A.

iOS 9 iPad user guide: https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/ipad-user-guide-for-ios-9.2/id1035374126