Icon with TV

Discussion in 'macOS' started by theBB, Aug 15, 2007.

1. theBB macrumors 68020

theBB

After looking through all those Leopard folder icon discussions, I felt like using a few more custom folder icons in my account. I know this is a bit over indulgent, but here it goes: I have this folder where I save my TV shows and I would like to use an icon with a picture of a TV. I did some searching and found some really nice icon sets on interfaceLIFT, but so far no luck on TV. Too bad I am not very talented in such things to create one on my own. I was thinking of something that looks like an old black and white TV. Does anyone know of an icon like that?

I am also looking for an icon with a phone as well, but I guess I am pushing it. OK, OK I'll stop... :)

2. kostia macrumors regular

Have you looked at www.iconfactory.com? There are literally thousands of freeware icons there and overall they're of better quality than the ones at interfacelift.

I use their icon organization tool, Pixadex, to collect and search icons. I only keep the collections I like, so I don't happen to have any TVs or traditional phones right now, but I'm sure they're there on the site.

3. theBB thread starter macrumors 68020

theBB

Thanks for the suggestion. I found one phone there, but the only TV was a bit too modern. Better than nothing I guess. I'd think TV and phone would be popular objects to make icons out of. Surprising...