Icon wont Change

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by andybno1, Dec 30, 2007.

1. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

ok so I had a custom calendar and calc icons in place I tried to replace them with a better looking ones but got the default icons are showing now, even when I change it back to the ones I had...... anyone know why?

2. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

I am having a very similar issue. I can't figure out how to change the music icon on my iPod Touch.

3. thebrain74 macrumors regular

to andy bno1: try restarting summerboard (if your using it) and/or turning your ipod on and off (the REAL off where you hold down the sleep/wake button)

to tuffluffjimmy you need to use a program like cyberduck to access the files on your ipod. I believe you also need SSH installed on your ipod (I don't know if its completely necessary but I used it and turned it to 'on'"

in cyberduck
    connect with username root
    passwork alpine
    the server is the net ID of your ipod touch (setting-->wi-fi-->hit the little arrow next to the network your connected to-->IP address)
    make sure you connect with SFTP
    the up to the / directory
    the music icon is in:
    /Applications/MoblieMusicPlayer.app
    its called
    icon-AudioPlayer.png
    you need to rename your icon to this and drag it into this folder, it will ask if you want to overwrite (you might want to save the original icon somewhere first) it and 'yes' you do.
    Restart summerboard and/or your ipod and you'll have your new icon

If I stated stuff you already knew/had done, I am sorry, I don't know how far you are in the icon changing process

4. andybno1 thread starter macrumors 68040

andybno1

rebooted and restarted springboard still the same, dont tell me I will have to re-jailbreak the thing? lol

what annoys me the most is I changed 3 other icons and they all worked

5. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

6. Akku macrumors newbie

Thank's for help! Do you know how to change "Music" name to iPod?

7. river0 macrumors newbie

Icons Won't Change

I didn't hit the "icons won't change" problem until I SSH installed three versions of sketchnote today. In all three cases, I have icons, DIFFERENT from case to case, that will not change. I'm wondering if (1) non-SummerBoard themes are treated differently than ones in the SummerBoard package or (2) installing via SSH somehow changes some coding switch.