Iconoclasm 3x3 question

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by FamiliaPhoto, Aug 18, 2010.

1. FamiliaPhoto macrumors 6502a

FamiliaPhoto

Hello all...

Installed Iconoclasm and the 3x3 theme downloaded through Cydia yesterday. Very fun but I noticed an issue with the 3x3 I'm wondering if others have seen. When there are more that 8 apps in a folder my screen goes black when opening the folder.

I can get back into the phone by putting it to sleep and waking it and all is fine when there are less than 8 apps. Further going back to the default theme or deactivating Iconoclasm removes the issue.

Has anyone else seen this issue?

2. peraevum macrumors newbie

I experienced the exact issue you describe when trying out 3x3 in Iconoclasm. I couldn't find a fix for it, so I'm now back to the default 4x4. I'm on an iPhone 4, iOS 4.0.1.

3. FamiliaPhoto thread starter macrumors 6502a

FamiliaPhoto

If you can take the app count in your folders to 8 or less it will work fine. Too bad though it would be great otherwise.

4. mjfan82 macrumors regular

same exact issue i'm experiencing right now, must be a bug

I have an IP4 v 4.0.1

5. iPhone4UK macrumors 6502

Search 4x4 in cydia then download the iconcalsm plugin. this works with folders and also if you want 3x3 could try infinidock as this will allow it to work with 3x3.

6. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

I see this problem anytime you try to put more icons in a folder than your theme allows. If you have a 2x2 layout, you can't have more than 4 icons in a folder. This is a bug in iconoclasm, and along with not having per-page layouts, more of an annoyance, at least for me (I just took everything out of folders so I could have the layouts like I wanted)

7. jimmy83 macrumors 65816

8. Set845 macrumors regular

Try FolderEnhancer it fixed the problem for my iPhone 4 on 4.01. I'm using the 3x3 layout. When you make a folder the icons in it will be the same layout as the icons on the Springboard. So a 3x3 Iconoclasm layout will be reflected in all folders. You can add as many icons as you wish as they will be paged to scroll horizontally.

Edit: It seems that FolderEnhancer doesn't work for iOS 4.1 yet. It supposed to be updated by the end of October.