Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JrFreak

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 3, 2009
I installed Iconoclasm. Was messing with the settings and now my folders are blank and I cannot get into setting or cydia to disable to remove it.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks,

scirica

macrumors 68020
May 13, 2008
Dallas, TX
I installed Iconoclasm. Was messing with the settings and now my folders are blank and I cannot get into setting or cydia to disable to remove it.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks,

Replied in the other post you asked the same question, but here are my thoughts:

Do you have SBSettings installed? If so, can you use SBS to put your phone into safe mode then uninstall Iconoclasm via Cydia? Deleting via Terminal or SSH is an option too, but safe mode is easier (to me)

JrFreak

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 3, 2009
Yeah. I got SBSettings installed. Awesome... I disabled Iconocrap from there. SBSettings > More > MobileSubsrate >

It really messed up my springboard. All I did was play with adding rows and columns.

Thanks again!

FamiliaPhoto

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2009
Chicago, IL
Is the issue that you click on a folder and the screen goes black?

If so, this happens when there are more than 8 items in a folder. I think hitting the home button or sleeping and waking the phone will get you back to your home screen; can't remember for sure though.

There is no way around this I know of as it is an iconoclasm bug. This is the reason I stopped using iconoclasm. Perhaps using something like FolderEnhancer or Infinifolders corrects for this, but I'm not sure.

Good luck!

JrFreak

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 3, 2009
Is the issue that you click on a folder and the screen goes black?

If so, this happens when there are more than 8 items in a folder. I think hitting the home button or sleeping and waking the phone will get you back to your home screen; can't remember for sure though.

There is no way around this I know of as it is an iconoclasm bug. This is the reason I stopped using iconoclasm. Perhaps using something like FolderEnhancer or Infinifolders corrects for this, but I'm not sure.

Good luck!

Well, the folder I had all of the default apple icons in (all of the page one icons) was still shown but was shown as empty, even though the updates from the app store was still listed on the folder icon. I could not open the folder or move it around. I had more than 8 icons in that folder.

jayydoggyiphone

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2010
please help

:
Replied in the other post you asked the same question, but here are my thoughts:

Do you have SBSettings installed? If so, can you use SBS to put your phone into safe mode then uninstall Iconoclasm via Cydia? Deleting via Terminal or SSH is an option too, but safe mode is easier (to me)

ok i put my phone in safe mode, went to cydia and it still doesnt give me an option to delete or uninstall iconoclasm. i have the paid version and im on iphone 4 4.1 can you please shed some light :)

thankyou!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.