Iconoclasm Update Crash of Doom!

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by Zodiak, Aug 5, 2010.

1. Zodiak macrumors regular

Hello everyone,

Jailbroke my ipad recently with jailbreakme.com wich has worked great. I've jailbroken other devices and the web based jailbreak was by far the easiest. Since then I havent gone overboard installing things, only a few things here and there. One thing that I had read about was Iconoclasm which allows you to use various icon setups to arrange your icons instead of having to install various tweaks from cydia like back on my older ipod. I've had absolutely no problems so far until I opened Cydia this morning and saw an update for Iconoclasm and installed it.

At this point my ipad needed to respring so it did. Then it went into a respring loop so I held down the home and power buttons to do a manual shutdown and then powered it up again.

At this point my ipad remains in a powering up state with a black screen and the white apple logo.

I hadnt had the chance to install Veency and any VNC software on my computer so I cant access it through there but I figure I could go into it using software like an iphone file browser software?

I havent been able to find anything online but I did read something about Iconoclasm and CategoriesSB which I do not have.

Please let me know what I should do to fix!

Thank you :)

2. j3yq macrumors 6502

j3yq

Same thing happened to me after an update today. After wards cydia had the button to reboot , so I did. My iPad was stuck in a screen with the waiting symbol for about 5 minutes so I just held the home button and power button for about 10 seconds. It shut off, then I turned it back on now workin normal.

3. clovis112 macrumors regular

Did you uninstall iconoclasm? Did it work after the reboot? I am thinking of buying it to customize my ipad but if its gonna make my ipad crash then i better not.