Icons and Menubar on different screens?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by mixel, Mar 18, 2009.

1. mixel macrumors 65816

mixel

Is there any way, hacky or otherwise - to get my icons to appear on one screen while my menubar is on the other? In the system preferences/displays/arrangement thing the position of the menubar decides which screen the icons go to as well, which is pretty unhelpful.

I like running Photoshop in fullscreen with menubar, with my wacom only affecting that monitor.. But that completely obstructs my desktop icons. The dock is over on the other screen.. I just want the icons to follow it. :)

Thanks in advance, though my hopes aren't high on this one!

2. joshysquashy macrumors 6502a

You could always use expose to reveal the desktop. I don't know how to achieve what you want though.

3. RoninXI macrumors regular

I use Photoshop too, what I did when i wanted to go full screen was highlight all my icons and drag them over to the other screen manually. There is no way to automate this since you are not "moving the menu bar" you are "setting the main screen".

4. mixel thread starter macrumors 65816

mixel

Haha, oops yeah well there is that, and I have to admit i kinda forgot about expose. XD (despite the fact i use it quite a lot to display all windows, oops)

Yeah, Would be nice if it let you move them separately I think.. Its funny they let you do it with the dock but not the icons. :) I've done what you say though, good idea!