Icons dissapearing on iPhone 4S ? ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by shawn15p, Oct 21, 2011.

1. shawn15p macrumors member

Anyone else having this issue as well? Randomly different app icons are invisible, yet the name of them are still there and you can click on it and it opens. Just wondering if anyone else is having this happen and if there is anyone to fix it. Thanks and sorry if someone already asked it.

2. jsvanaulen macrumors member

I actually had this problem on my iPod Touch 4th Generation after I updated to iOS 5. I ignored it for a while and now it doesn't do it anymore for some reason.

3. arambol macrumors newbie

4. mom333, Oct 27, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2011

mom333 macrumors regular

I believe the issue is too many pages of apps.

This happened to my iPad after updating to IOS 5. The problem seemed to be that it downloaded ALL apps to my iPad, not just what I previously had on my iPad. Meaning, it took apps from my iPhone, my husband's iPhone, and added them to the iPad. This resulted in too many pages of apps. I moved them into folders and deleted some. This decreased the number of pages, and so I thought all was fine. Then the next day when I went to use an app that I knew was on there, I couldn't find the icon. Yet, if I did a search, the app was there "somewhere". All I had to do was a hard shut down on the iPad and I rebooted it and they came back. I had to do some more folder condensing, and have been fine ever since.