Icons don't bounce or magnify in the dock

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Chris204, Jan 11, 2008.

1. Chris204 macrumors regular

Jan 9, 2008
    Usually when I mouse over icons in the dock they magnify and when I click to open something they bounce while loading. Today however they don't do any of that. I simply click on what I want to open and it opens... but there's no bouncing icons or mouse over magnification happening.

Any ideas?
  2. bjett92 macrumors 6502a

Oct 22, 2007
    Indy, IN
    Check in the dock preferences to see if dock magnification and animate opening applications are both turned on.
  3. ntrigue macrumors 68040

Jul 30, 2007
    It's an Animate Dock option. CTRL+Click the Dock go to Dock Preferences > Animate Dock Icons should be checked.
  4. Chris204 thread starter macrumors regular

Jan 9, 2008
  5. raghurammadhu macrumors newbie

Oct 22, 2011

Hi, I am very new to mac. I dont have that option in dock preferences. I have animate opening applications but i dont have animate dock icons. I want my icons to magnify when i pass my mouse over those icons. help!
  6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

May 16, 2008
    What version of Mac OS X are you running? Here's the Dock Preferences as they appear in Leopard/Snow Leopard. I don't know if they've changed in Lion (not in front of a Mac on Lion at the moment).
    ScreenCap 10.png
  7. jwlentz macrumors newbie

Oct 7, 2012

I am currently running Mountain Lion 10.8.2. The default settings are to have magnification turned off, but the options are the same. Just click on the apple logo, go to dock>dock preferences and check the box beside the Magnification slider bar. That's it.
  8. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

May 16, 2008
    Thanks, but this thread is almost 5 years old and the post I responded to was a year ago, before Mountain Lion was released.