Icons for Windows Applications does not display correctly (Parallels)

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by fchyan, Nov 12, 2007.

1. fchyan macrumors newbie

Here is the screen shot, please have a look at the dock. I am running two apps Firefox and Word in Vista, but the icons for them does not appear correctly in the dock. It's just a parallels logo, instead of Firefox and Word icon. Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Attached Files:

2. macmatt72 macrumors newbie

Populate windows application menu

I have the same problem. This http://www.conside.se/?p=4 says it has to do with populating the window application menu. Can you figure out how to do that? I hesitate to delete the applications without knowing how to repopulate them.

3. brkirch macrumors regular

It's an issue with pre-Leopard Parallels builds. The latest beta does not have that issue. You may have to clear the Windows Applications folder for the icons to get corrected after installing the beta though.

4. armhol macrumors newbie

Me too

I am getting this problem too. as you can see from the screen shot the .iso files show no icon. Very frustrating! The link in this tread seems to be dead, can anyone explain to me how to correct this problem? I'm using Parallels Build 8.0.18101.

Thanks.
    [​IMG]