Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chris204

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 9, 2008
This just started happening, when I mouse over my icons in the dock, there are transparent arrows on the left and right side of them.

Anyone know how to fix this? Or what it means?

See attached screenshot of the words "System Preferences" with the arrows pointing inward.

Thanks

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 238

iCeFuSiOn

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2007
Doesn't look right to me. Have you changed any system resource files or anything like that? Have you tried repairing permissions and restarting?

Chris204

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 9, 2008
Doesn't look right to me. Have you changed any system resource files or anything like that? Have you tried repairing permissions and restarting?

I accidentally moved the "Downloads" folder from the dock into the trash when I was making a window larger. So I restored that folder and the arrows have shown up ever since.

iCeFuSiOn

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2007
Seems strange, I've never seen it happen. Give what I said previously a try, you can run a permission repair from /Applications/Utilities/Disk Utility.app.

lancestraz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 27, 2005
RI
They aren't arrows but part of the dark transparent background that hovers over the dock icons when you place your cursor over an one.
This is what it should look like:
picture1us5.png

Chris204

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 9, 2008
They aren't arrows but part of the dark transparent background that hovers over the dock icons when you place your cursor over an one.
This is what it should look like:
picture1us5.png

Good observation. I didn't have anything to compare it to. Any idea how I fix that? I tried to restart, but it didn't fix it.

Chris204

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 9, 2008
I didn't find the cause of the problem, so I just restored all my settings using Time Machine. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.