icons in leopard, changed form color to gray

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by cj Major, Jan 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cj Major macrumors newbie

Recently, in leopard, the icons on my "desktop" and "dock" changed from colored to gray.
    Will someone please help me to regain my origial multi-coloed files? :confused:

2. quotemeas macrumors regular

A picture would help...

3. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Take a screenshot and upload it. Command+Shift+3.

4. cj Major thread starter macrumors newbie

I noticed in leopard, that most of my icons have changed form a very colorful look to a generic pale look. Will someone please help me regain my colorful icons?
    It's easier to arrange the blue in "word", the "green" in excel and the "orange" in powerpoint, then it is to view all gray icons.

5. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Could we please see a screenshot to see if it carries over to us?

6. cj Major thread starter macrumors newbie

:rolleyes:

Yeah right, you'd probably want a "notarized" affidavit too. Never mind, someone with more experience solved the problem. :cool:

7. Horst Guest

Talk about overstaying your welcome ... :rolleyes:

8. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

No kidding. We're sorry if we've offended you in our attempts to help you solve your vaguely-worded problem.

9. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

I have a lot of experience dealing with people who expect me to help them but refuse to tell me what their problem is.

Wow... sorry, but this is exactly like saying, "My computer needs RAM. What should I get it?" and not saying anything more than that. You don't really deserve our help with that attitude, and now I'm even questioning your ownership of a computer.

10. cj Major thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey m8, excuse me for being little upset, but I told you in clear words what the issue was. . . so much so that someone from a different forum knew "exactly" what the problem was.
    If you don't know, its okay. :D

11. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

So what was it, or are you too stuck up to tell us?

You did not tell us much of anything. It could have been one of a number of problems.

12. bradenwh macrumors 6502

Wtf? You told us nothing. At least, nothing that could allow us to help you. You're a jerk with an attitude. You deserve your crappy colorless icons, loser.

13. cj Major thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey m8ie, you have to play nice now. I never called you names :D Also, you should pay attention; i told you in clear words that someone with more experience solved the problem- remember?

14. BlackiBook macrumors 6502

BlackiBook

15. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

Truly an example of the theory below. Sad really when people are just trying to help voluntarily.:(

Attached Files:

16. cj Major thread starter macrumors newbie

17. Horst Guest

I know it's my poor English, but can anyone explain to me how the original question will lead to this solution ? ;)

18. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

OH my goodness...

Instead of him seeing the generic icon for Word, PowerPoint, and Excel documents (with their respective logos), he was seeing the contents of the document itself, and it was hard for him to organize them.

This could have been solved NINE days ago if you had just uploaded a freaking screenshot like I said.

Or actually told us the problem.

19. John Doe 57 macrumors 65816

John Doe 57

20. cj Major thread starter macrumors newbie

You sound very confident right now,(after having the answer provided for you), but still can only articulate have half the original issue. :rolleyes:

I give up. . .

21. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Well then, how's this for an idea: Tell us the actual problem in your first post, provide screenshots of the problem, and don't mock us for not being able to diagnose something we cannot see. This is the same as the people on Yahoo! Answers saying, "I need RAM for my computer, what do I get?" without telling us anything else.

Good luck ever getting help here again with your current attitude.

Answer provided for me... I STILL had to extrapolate what the crap you were talking about from your "answer".

22. cj Major thread starter macrumors newbie

Dude,i explained my issue using "vivid" words, i even included colors.-what do you want, Jesus Christ? :eek:

23. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

You actually didn't explain anything. You said the icons on your Dock and Desktop changed to gray. This would mean your application icons on the dock, and the drive icons on your desktop lost their color. That is an odd problem that deserves a screenshot.

Your actual problem was nowhere near what you described at first.

24. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

"Recently, the icons on my Desktop and in my Dock changed from colored to gray. Most of my icons have changed form a very colorful look to a generic pale look. It's easier to arrange the blue in Pages, green in Numbers, and orange in Keynote than it is to view all gray icons."

This problem has at LEAST three solutions.

1. You could have the icon preview turned on. You did.
    2. Your color calibration on your monitor could have been off. We would have been able to tell this with a screenshot.
    3. Your graphics card could have been failing. Probably also determinable with a screenshot.

Come on, man. Don't patronize me with "you sound confident having had the answer provided for you". I knew more solutions than for which you had questions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.