Icons in messages/city abbreviations

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by dabigkahuna, May 29, 2015.

1. dabigkahuna Suspended

dabigkahuna

I found a couple nice additions with icons online which can be added to an iMessage in the watch or to use in a city abbreviation used for world time.

In both cases, I had to go online to a website about a specific icon (one was the vulcan salute and the other was an Apple icon).

You would copy the icon on the phone, go to the Apple watch app, and paste it either into the "default messages" section (which I used the vulcan salute for) or in the world time city abbreviation section (I used the apple icon here so instead of, say, "NYC 10:50", it would have the classic apple icon followed by the time.

Anyway, I was thinking that if these are possible simply by a copy/paste procedure, there must be other icons that fit the requirements. I know you can't just use anything - I tried some and when pasting, nothing happens. I have no idea what the requirements are for such icons to work.

So, anyone know of a place which has such icons we could copy and use? For example, as a music teacher, I could imagine many music or teaching related icons that could be nice in either of these places (and nice if it could be done in the Monogram option for one of the watches too).

2. D.T. macrumors 603

D.T.

If I'm following correctly ... the Apple (for example) is actually a character in the font - vs. an actual image (like a gif).

FWIW, you can do a musical note character like so: ♬ and it does work as a monogram (I just did it, see below) :)

Attached Files:

3. dabigkahuna thread starter Suspended

dabigkahuna

Hmmm, so if it is a character in the font, how do I find all such characters?

Meanwhile, thanks for the note icon - just copied and pasted from yours to get it in mine.

Also good to see another Star Trek fan of the original characters!