Icons on desktop of my MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by gazfocus, Apr 24, 2008.

1. gazfocus macrumors 68000

gazfocus

Just looking for some advice

I use my MBP with a 23" ACD, and tend to have a lot of files and icons on my desktop. However, when I go from using the ACD to using the MBP, the icons overlay each other so I end up with several icons on top of each other.

Is there a way to prevent this from happening?

2. windowpain macrumors 6502a

Hello.

Can you right click on the desktop (or control click) and -> change view options -> change icon size.

or will it change every time you unplug the ACD? Do you have the ACD in mirror mode or screen spanning?

3. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

If you don't need your icons in a certain manually managed way, all you have to do is right click on the desktop and arange everything by whatever way you want.

4. gazfocus thread starter macrumors 68000

gazfocus

Hi, It changes every time I unplug the ACD. I have the ACD in mirror mode as I use it instead of using the MBP screen.

Unfortunately, I have my icons in a certain way (maybe I should use folders instead :rolleyes: :confused:)

5. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

I would recommend removing everything from your desktop as all the icons do is take up your resources and put the folders as stacks into the dock. You won't have anymore dual desktop issues and you'll have easy access to your files.

6. windowpain macrumors 6502a

Have you played about with the resolution of the display? Are they the same?

7. PowerBookRelic macrumors 6502

I would make stacks, and if you are running tiger, you can make a folder in your bar, and if you hold ctrl while clicking it you will be a sort of precursor to what the stack are today; still useful.

8. gazfocus thread starter macrumors 68000

gazfocus

Thanks, I am using Leapoard. Is there no way of stopping the icons doing this then? I am assuming that the problem is due to the difference in resolutions between my MBP and the ACD.