Icons swapping?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by brendan1, Jul 6, 2009.

1. brendan1 macrumors member

I have a currency app that changed to the icon of a currently installed game app.... rebooted without sucess in fixing...any ideas?? Thanks!

2. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

I think this is a known issue in 3.0. we might just have to wait for 3.1

3. brendan1 thread starter macrumors member

4. Dragondm6 macrumors newbie

I had this same problem just happen to me with 6 of my apps. Even after deleting the apps that swapped icons with other apps, and reinstalling them again- the problem still remains. During the install it had the correct icon, but after install is complete it switched icons again.

I'm thinking about taking it to the Apple Store and/or going into the Reset section of the General Settings of the phone to "Erase All Content and Settings".

5. forestplay macrumors newbie

Here's what I did:

Sync with iTunes. When complete and while connected to iTunes, select no applications to sync with iPhone.

Click sync on iTunes.

When sync completes, verify that all apps are no longer loaded on iPhone.

Sync with iTunes again (assuming you disconnected during previous step). When complete and while connected to iTunes, select all your applications to sync with iPhone.

Click sync on iTunes.

This fixed all my mismatch icons. It also lost much of the application data that I had entered previously. The icon position was retained though. Your milage may vary.

Good luck!

-Bob

6. WinkWink726 macrumors regular

WinkWink726

this happened to me too

I deleted both of the apps from my phone and then resynced my macbook to it and all was well again!

Good luck!

7. solideliquid macrumors 6502

solideliquid

If you remove all the apps through iTunes and sync them back do you lose game saves?

8. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

The backup has the game save data.

9. solideliquid macrumors 6502

solideliquid

I followed the instructions and the save files are gone. What can I do now? I have a lot of games...

10. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Well, hopefully you haven't somehow overwritten your backup, but all you need to do is a "restore from backup" from the backup that contained all your data.