Iconsupport what is that rubbish for?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jdaniel, Jul 19, 2011.

1. jdaniel macrumors 65816

hey guys so since back when it was 3GS I have had infinifolders and I have had to disable icon support, so what on earth is it for? It still doesnt work, if i don disable it via sbsettings I dont see any folders so if its useless I might as well get rid of it.

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

IconSupport enables springboard to put icons in places that Apple doesn't allow by default. Most importantly, it disables the iTunes app arrangement feature, because iTunes will crash or freeze if there are out of place icons. It is best to leave it enabled and not alter it.

3. jdaniel thread starter macrumors 65816

i dont know how this is possible because for me it always had to be disabled for anything to work on multiple phones...i am not looking to disable it because it has always been w/o an issue i am looking to uninstall it... because if its not doing anything then it shouldnt be in there...

and I think it messes up icons instead of allowing them.. I just tested it and thats what it did

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

It is installed with anything that alters the layout of Springboard's icons. How does it "mess up your phone"? And where don't you see these folders?

5. Abs_p macrumors 6502a

Don't touch it. Partial knowledge is lot more harmful then complete knowledge .
    I don think it interferes wit u. It's needed for many Cydia tweaks. All infinixxxx tweaks, gridlock and many more

6. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

Agreed. I think you have other issues with your phone(s). I've never experienced the issues you describe with IconSupport installed. chpwn is the dev for this and he's pretty good...maybe you should contact him via twitter: @chpwn

7. jdaniel thread starter macrumors 65816

like i said when its enabled all my folders disappear on the phone. its always been that way I just tried it again yesterday and same thing... i had this problem before someone told me to disable it I thought it was common knowledge.