iCould email account verification

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by trev, Oct 16, 2011.

1. trev macrumors 6502

I'm getting this error when I try to log into iCould. I've waited overnight for an email to come from apple but nothing came. Is there a way to force another email verification to come from apple?

2. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

Can you log into iCloud via the web site and see the email? This step is VERY important!!! If you can't then you have bigger problem.

1. Open Mail and make sure you have nothing in the Inbox.

2. Open Mail's Preferences, Accounts tab, and write down all your email server accounts settings (on paper because we will blow away these settings to fix iCloud).

3. While your iCloud account is highlighted, in the right hand pane of the account settings, click "Outgoing Mail server (SMTP):) and edit them to delete all those settings!

4. Going back in the Accounts pane and use the - key to delete all your email settings!

5. Quit Mail.

6. Launch System Preferences->iCloud and make sure you remember the account name you signed into iCloud with. Then click on the "Mail & Notes" selection.

7. Back on the main System Preferences select System Preferences->Mail & contacts and mark sure you put a checkmark in "Mail & Notes".

8. Relaunch Mail and see that you getting iCloud email again.

9. Open Mail Preferences, Accounts tab and click the +sign to read your other email server settings.

10. Enjoy iCloud.

Good Luck.

7. B