ICY DOCK - Help

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Desmo1098, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Desmo1098 macrumors regular

Desmo1098

I just purchased an ICY DOCK for use with an Intel SSD. I already a have one of these, however the new one seems to have some new revisions. Basically this new one allows me to completely take off the cover. The old one slides forward and up, but the cover does not disconnect. The old one also, when closing, makes sure the SSD is seated correctly into the connector port on the ICY DOCK. The new one does not seem to have this "automatic" feature where when I close it. I have to manually slide the drive into the connector port. Anyone else have this experience or using an ICY DOCK that can help?

Thanks in advance!

2. VirtualRain macrumors 603

VirtualRain

Hmmm odd that they changed the design like that. Mine are all at least 6 months old. Does the SSD stay put when you turn it upside down?

3. Desmo1098 thread starter macrumors regular

Desmo1098

Well after I manually push the drive into place I put the lid on it and it supports the drive from the top. However what I do not get is that I have to manually push and pull the drive to mount and dis-mount it. The lid on the ICY Dock, on this revision anyways, is not doing it.

4. VirtualRain macrumors 603

VirtualRain

Seems like a change for the worse. I guess as long as it still works it will be fine. It's not like you will be popping them in and out on a regular basis.