ID America Skyline Rigid Flex for iPhone 4 Review & Pics

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Austin M., Feb 12, 2011.

1. Austin M. macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

ID America’s new line of iPhone 4 cases are some of the coolest and most unique designs that I have ever seen made for an iPhone 4 case. Unlike many other TPU style cases, the Skyline Rigid Flex case for the iPhone 4 features a square tread pattern on the back that shows off the shiny backside of your iPhone 4. Interested to hear a little bit more about the stylish Skyline Rigid Flex case? Read on for the full review to find out.

As far as iPhone cases go, there hasn’t been a lot of new or unique designs. Now, it is true that I have seen a couple of flashy ones, but not enough for them to stand out from the crowd. The minute I set my eyes on the ID America Skyline Rigid Flex case for the iPhone 4 (that’s a mouthful) I was immediately taken aback by the very cool perforated backside as well as the unique design.

Before I begin, let’s talk a little bit about how installation goes, which is quite easy to say the least. To install the case on your iPhone 4, you simply pull each corner of the case over the corners of your iPhone 4 until the fit is nice and snug, a very nice and easy installation.

Once the case is installed you will notice all the different button openings and cutouts. At the top of the case you have a covering for the sleep/wake button and an opening for the audio jack. Even though the sleep/wake button is a little numb to begin with, it should loosen up within a day or two. Even though the audio jack is a little bit on the small side, you shouldn’t have any problems when it comes to using medium sized cables, although you may have a bit of a problem with beefier sized cables.

On the side of the case you have a covering for the volume rockers and an opening for the silent switch. The silent switch is a little bit of a hassle to get to since the cutout is so small although this should not be a problem with smaller sized hands. The volume rockers are basically the same as the sleep/wake button and will feel a little stiff at first but as time goes on should loosen up. Going to the bottom of the case you have one single opening for the speaker, mic, and the dock connector. The slot is fairly large and you should not have a problems when it comes to charging with your third party cables or accessories.

Going to the back of the case is a very large cutout for the camera and the flash. ID America has taken a new approach to the camera cutout and I will have to say that this not only helps the flash, but also provides a unique look to the already very stylish case. Again, I tried this out with the flash and I did not have any problems when it came to using the flash in dark areas.

ID America has definitely delivered a very stylish and unique looking case with the Skyline. The perforated look on the back is something that I have never seen in an iPhone case. Now, it is true that there are other perforated cases on the market, but none have come close to the peculiar design pattern that is being showcased on the back of the iPhone 4.

The Skyline Rigid Flex does have a few problems though, but they aren’t much of a big deal since they are minor problems that the everyday iPhone user can easily work around. The first thing that you may want to be wary of is the fact that the perforated holes that are implemented on the back of the case are easily susceptible to dust and dirt getting in to the crevices and potentially damaging the device. Thankfully, ID America has realized this and has gone ahead and thrown in a backside screen protector so that there is no risk of potential damage.

A few other things that I would like to point out is that the case is very thin, so this would not be a good case if you're looking for an accessory that will provide a lot of drop protection. Even though this case will protect your phone from the occasional bump or bruise, I would not expect anything rugged. As stated in the beginning of the review, I said that the buttons were a little stiff. Even though these do work they way loose, you still may have to press a little bit harder for your buttons to register properly.

I can easily recommend the Skyline Rigid Flex for the iPhone 4 for anyone wanting to change up their look and feel of an iPhone 4. If ID America can change a few things around (buttons, dust, etc.) then this would be an awesome case and a very cool looking and unique one at that. The ID America Skyline Rigid Flex for the iPhone 4 is available on ID America’s website and is currently selling for $24.99. It is currently available in three colors and includes the case itself, two screen protectors, one backside protector, a squeegee, and a microfiber cloth.

Rating: 4/5

Pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Austin M. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

Thanks!