I'd just like to say...

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by sk8mash, Jan 30, 2009.

1. sk8mash macrumors 6502a

sk8mash

I received my 13" MacBook today, and it is perfect. No dead pixels, no wonky keys, no bad battery compartment etc...

So for anyone worrying about ordering because of what is said on here...dont worry about it!

2. yoppie macrumors 6502a

3. uicandrew macrumors 6502a

why would the fact that you got a perfect one reassure people?

Based on the "chances" of having a perfect one, the odds of another reader getting one goes DOWN because it decreases the number of "perfect" ones available?

I'm just doing the math here.........

4. sk8mash thread starter macrumors 6502a

sk8mash

That would only be the case if the majority of MacBook's were faulty. My post was more to make a point, because it seems people only post here when there not happy with there MacBook giving the false view that all MacBook's are faulty. Im just saying i'm happy with mine, and I would bet that alot of other people are aswell.

5. skorpien macrumors 68020

Based on your logic, and assuming that Apple's QA/QC hasn't completely gone down the crapper, the amount of complaining that's been going on in these forums should pretty much ensure that whomever buys a MacBook as of today will get a beyond prestine unit... Speaking of math... :p (BTW, don't take that too seriously, it's all in good fun.)

To the OP. Congrats on your computer and glad to hear it's a good one!

6. Shawn D macrumors regular

7. Stachelsk macrumors regular

You also have to take into account for the fact that, assuming the average person is happy with his/her new notebook, they are not going to go on a online site a rave about it. Some like you do, yes, but there are exponentially more people who are not pleased with their purchase. People who are not happy are much, much more likely to complain about how bad their product is.

There's a lot of people who are happy, who don't feel the need to post about it.

Enjoy your Mac.

8. The Samurai macrumors 68000

The Samurai

9. xpovos macrumors 6502a

xpovos

Actually, assuming equally likely outcomes of independent events, all that's required is a minimum of one faulty unit in a sample space of size 2 or more. Each purchase of a non-faulty unit would decrease the probability of subsequent purchases being non-faulty. So, mathematically speaking, he was right. :)

FWIW I'm very happy with both of the MacBooks my wife and I have purchased. No problems with either one.

10. Crash1234 macrumors regular

Ditto. Yes, there probably are more perfect ones than bad ones.. or more people who just don't care about little imperfections. But, in any case, the fact that you got a perfect one does not increase or decrease anyone else's chances of getting a perfect one.

11. jpk32092 macrumors 6502

Because there are so many posts about faulty macbooks yet so little about perfect ones.

12. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

Congrats on your new mac.

Looks like people are stuck in Oct/Nov 08 here. THOSE are the MacBook's that were defective with dust, slanted keys, loose battery covers, etc. I have yet to see threads regarding this issue since December stating that people have gotten faulty MacBook's. You people need to go to hell honestly because now you have nothing to back it up.

13. tubbymac macrumors 65816

tubbymac

Yeah the problems were already absorbed by us early adopters during the launch. Back then you could actually see slanted keys on display in the stores and loose battery covers. But looks like it's been cleaned up as I can no longer find any machines with slanted keys or loose battery covers on display anymore.

14. hacksaw-C87 macrumors regular

I'm two weeks in to a new Macbook, teething problems are a pain but the overall experience is so much more enjoyable! Have fun!

15. sillyrabbitt macrumors 6502

whats wonky keys? crooked keys or not sitting straight keys?

thanks

16. Colin0317 macrumors member

Sorry, but what are "teething" problems?

17. Solemony macrumors 6502

Solemony

18. sk8mash thread starter macrumors 6502a

sk8mash

Thanks for all the nice comments haha :)

I think some of you understand the reasoning behind my thread!

19. skorpien macrumors 68020

Jeebus people, it's not about statistics or increasing the chances of getting a good one! It's about alleviating all of the paranoia that's shrouded the launch of the Unibody MBs. Think about it, you're thinking of purchasing a new MB yet you read throngs of reviews telling you of problem after problem. Wouldn't it be comforting to read at least one review that states otherwise? It's a great machine. Yes there were a few bumps, but Apple's been listening and has fixed them in their latest machines. And if you were one of the unlucky early adopters, they fixed or swapped your machine for you until you were happy (I had dust, they swapped it out no questions asked). Let it rest! It's all come down to preference now, and the OP is just telling those out there that are leaning towards the Unibody MBs NOT to be afraid...

20. sk8mash thread starter macrumors 6502a

sk8mash

Exactly. I wish I could have said it so well.

21. uicandrew macrumors 6502a

but are we so insecure that we need someone to tell us the obvious, that there are good/perfect machines out there?

its childish/pathetic!

i'd like to think that we're mature enough to think that we don't nee some hand holding by a random internet stranger to make a purchase.

it's one thing to ask questions, but its another to be coddled.

are we in the 3rd grade or something?

22. sk8mash thread starter macrumors 6502a

sk8mash

OK.

23. Eric S. macrumors 68040

Eric S.

I got mine in November. It was perfect too. Still is! :D