I'd like for Apple to be open about their corporate intentions

Discussion in 'iMac' started by odnarbssagib, Jun 11, 2012.

1. odnarbssagib macrumors member

I'm thinking about making the plunge and buying an iMac for Adobe Photoshop use. I've been using Windows since at least Windows 95. But with Apple's success with the iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc., it seems like the company is no longer willing to work hard at being a leader in desktop computers. If that's the case, fine. But be open about it.

Do you guys think Apple has decided to deprioritize iMac, the Mac Pro, and the desktop market generally in favor of smaller, more portable, technology?

2. JonnyQ23 macrumors newbie

Yes. I agree about them being more forthright with us. I really need to know what their plans are in regards to their desktops. I need to make a move. I simply won't buy the current iMac at its original price point a year later. I'd buy it now if the price were adjusted to an appropriate level. Just tell us what your plans are. That way we can transition to other platforms and enjoy Apples mobile devices.

3. Smartie macrumors regular

Smartie

In an article on the front page, it is now claimed that updates will come next year for imacand mac pro. Even a mail response. From Tim Cook indicating this.

4. necromorph macrumors regular

necromorph

It's fake :eek:

5. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

At this point anyone in a position to buy Macs for a corporate network who is still holding out should be fired. Apple does not, and never will, care about enterprise desktop computing again.

6. Buffsteria macrumors regular

Buffsteria

They're "doubling down on secrecy", we are unworthy of knowledge in their eyes.

Idiots at Apple. Apple's success story would never have happened in their hands.