I'd like to get a dock for my Apple Watch

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Accessories' started by adamjackson, Apr 15, 2015.

1. adamjackson macrumors 65816

I don't follow the forums a lot but is there a general favored dock among you all that I should buy? I've seen a lot of them but what I'm looking for is a dock that has an brushed metal finish or is made of wood (Think Grovemade Maple or TwelveSouth iPhone riser dock)

Looking to spend under $50. Must also charge the watch and ideally have the face facing me. and a cord long enough to reach 2-3 feet away (USB Hub is on the floor under my desk)

If it matters, I ordered the Space Grey SS.

2. derekmess macrumors member

3. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

4. hovscorpion12 macrumors 65816

hovscorpion12

The Twelve South HiRise is by far the best, and luxurious. Not too absorbingly expensive, but affordable. Spigen has an ok looking dock.

5. adamjackson thread starter macrumors 65816

Spigen looks nice but Twelve South has really impressed me with their docks in the past so I guess I'll go with them.

I really wish Apple would go back to making docks. They stopped I think with the iPhone 4 and iPad 3 and I really miss their docks. When they stopped, I remember people saying it was a way to reduce their retail SKUs but look at how many Apple Watch SKUs there are. So I'd like to know the real reason.

The HiRise looks great!

[​IMG]

6. Dip Falcon macrumors newbie

7. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

Why start a new thread when there is a long-running thread about the same thing?

8. c1phers macrumors regular

9. webworks415 macrumors 6502

Part of me wants to wait and just see if there are docks/stands coming out later that actually charge and don't just serve as a $20-$60 piece of plastic/aluminum to snake your charger through it.

10. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    I've never had a dock for my iPhone, but I'm pretty sure I want one for my watch. Something just feels right about that.

I think the spigen looks pretty and is super inexpensive. The Griffin is really nice, because it has the iPhone holder (it'd be nice if it was a dock or at least had a way to keep the cord attached).

Personally, I think the HiRise is too expensive and I don't think it looks any nicer than the others.

Of course I'll wait until the reviews come out to see how they are in practice. My biggest question is how light/flimsy these are and specifically how easily they fall over.

My watch isn't designated to ship till June, so I have plenty of time to think about it ;)

11. adamjackson thread starter macrumors 65816

12. JuNxXxReY macrumors regular

Standzout Bandstand Dock for Apple Watch

I was looking at docks today and came across this one:

http://gobandstand.com

My main concern with these docks is that they're so light that they can easily get knocked over. Yes, you can stick them on your desk with double-sided tape or velcro, but I'm not sure I'm willing to do that.