I'd like to get an iPhone 6 unlocked version

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kenny1999, Sep 18, 2014.

1. kenny1999 macrumors member

Hi, I am in Asia and I am not able to purchase an iPhone 6+ here, there are a lot of people here doing business on such cool stuff. I have experience buying from the US and I'd like to know if there is any unlocked version (without contract ) iPhone selling in Apple US store and if they will ship to Asian countries Thanks

2. MagnusF macrumors regular

The T-Mobile one is unlocked.

I have no idea about shipping to Asia, i doubt it though. Maybe talk to Apple?

3. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

So is the Verizon version.

Plus it works on Verizon and GSM carriers, unlike the T-mobile version.

4. NewbieCanada macrumors 68030

Apple online store uses country-specific billing and shipping address forms. So the US online store requires an American state and zip code, the Canadian one requires a Canadian province and postal code, etc.

Only way is through eBay or a friend/relative living in the country you want to buy from.

5. kenny1999 thread starter macrumors member

Yes, no problem I have a trusted assist buying helper in California, but now my concern is which one is contract-free and unlocked? My area is covered with 3G and 4G service. And how long will it take before Apple shipping out the iPhone, I will probably want a 6 PLUS?? What is the approx. local shipping cost to California

The website states 3-4 weeks. But... will it be faster ? Does anyone have any real experience?

6. NewbieCanada macrumors 68030

From their website, all 6 Plus models are showing 3-4 weeks shipping time. The T-Mobile model is the only one sold on their website contract-free and unlocked. Shipping is free

7. andyACEcandy macrumors 6502a

So what carriers does the T-Mobile one work for? T-Mobile, AT&T and who else?

8. Allthings-I macrumors 6502

Read my thread here, it gives you all the info, thanks to a few others I have provided all the 100% accurate details:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1781868