I'd Like to Have a Big Case Collection for iPhone 4 (It's Actually Pretty Common)

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by MICHAELSD, Jun 17, 2010.

1. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

Some people have more iPhone cases than they do watches. I really like the look of my iPhoe caseless, but the glossiness of the device makes it easy to develop fingerprints (and oils), plus it isn't very scratch-resistant. I bought a black Seidio Innocase II and a discontinued (which made it difficult to get) metallic silver Incase Slider. I tried to track down a metallic red Incase Slider, but couldn't find it, unfortunately. I planned to start from there.

I used the Seidio Innocase II and liked it enough never to try the silver Incase Slider until last night. Now, I wish I had switched between the two for the last year. As nice and as scratch-resistant as the iPhone 4 will be caseless, fingerprints will bother me. I can't really see fingerprints on the screen, but I can feel the oil buildup on the back, so my initial feelings about going almost naked have changed after thinking about it more.

So now I sort of want at least three cases to switch between by the end of the year for my iPhone 4, starting with a Vaja leather flip case, which will cost what about three plastic cases would be, so this wouldn't be a cheap collection. Who out there can admit to owning more iPhone cases than watches? I know there's more than a few of you. Cost is obviously the biggest concern here. Another concern is: Will I get a year usage out of $200 worth of cases, or will the next iPhone have different dimensions? Hopefully Apple uses the same dimensions for another iPhone generation, or now even for the next two, considering Apple's traditional history of overhauling a device's design every 2-4 years.

2. bli625 macrumors 6502a

bli625

I've always just stuck with one case for electronic products..never even thought about having a case collection. Cool idea I guess.

3. MICHAELSD thread starter macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

When I decided to try a plastic case that covered the iPhone's back and metal bezel, I figured that I would get bored of one case quicker than I would the iPhone's design and that I would like to switch cases if I'm going to cover my iPhone with a case, anyway. There are so many different nice-looking cases available for the iPhone, especially compared to other smartphones, that it makes sense to change your case for different events and days as you would a watch, a shirt, a tie, etc. That Vaja case will be great for nights out, business meetings, going to fine restaurants, etc. Then, you can choose between two or three nice, much cheaper cases everyday, just for a little change.

4. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

Get one Vaja, that's all you need, even for non-dressy occasions where you're just out and about during the day. Always feels good to take out your luxury electronic device from a luxury case.

5. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Just give me a holster to keep on my belt as I HATE cases that stay on the phone while you use them.

I ahve used the VaJa stuff and sometimes the fit to your device is HORRIBLE!

6. rileyrd macrumors member

I am totally with you. I use a belt case with clip. Works great for me.

7. labrat1996 macrumors 6502

labrat1996

I currently have a nice collection for my original iphone which I am still using until June 24th! I have three Vaja Pouches (White, Red and Grey), A red Vaja case with a white stripe (I think it's an involution sp?), a navy blue Vaja case with a white stripe (also an ivolution SP) and a red and black classic Vaja flip case with my name engraved on it. I already have two bumpers ordered for the iphone 4 and will start ordering with Vaja as soon as I can. I check the website EVERY day! I think the iphone 4 will fit into the red Vaja pouch so I will use that until my bumpers arrive.

My Vaja cases fit my phone like a glove and they are so pretty! I have never found any other brand that I like as well.

8. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

you've spent like 500 on cases?

9. labrat1996 macrumors 6502

labrat1996

I custom ordered the red and white ivolution and the red and black retro classic dockable so those two set me back almost $200. Then I got the blue and white ivolution along with the three pouches on eBay together on eBay for about $120 so I have spent a bit over $300 on cases over three years time. My first gen iphone still looks brand new too!

10. bli625 macrumors 6502a

bli625

Geez.. $300 on cases. That's pretty intense.

11. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

That's what I'm thinking. I have no problem spending up to $100 to make sure my electronics look great being taken out of an "ultra-premium" case, but I probably wouldn't spend $300 on cases. That number is inching up closer to how much the iPhone itself costs. Well, it's up to the purchaser anyway...

12. labrat1996 macrumors 6502

labrat1996

I've already paid for a white Apple bumper and a red Marware one for the iphone 4 so after I can finally order my white Vaja case I will already be $150 into iphone 4 cases. I'm a girl though so cases for phones are like purses - we like to change them out now and then!

13. bli625 macrumors 6502a

bli625

Yeah, that's true. I think my problem is.. I'd just never want to have so many cases in the first place. I'd just want to stick with something that works.

14. fishmd macrumors 68000

fishmd

I have more cases than I know what to do with. Some are even sitting in their packaging still never even put on my phone. I try to limit it to no more than one case per month. I know, I had a problem. :eek: I did get most of them for less than retail though, so at least I saved some money. :D

For my 4 though, I am going with a Wrapsol and that is about it. Got a cheap TPU case coming as well for use when I take it to the gym to give it a bit more protection. I don't plan on using a case really this time around.

15. labrat1996 macrumors 6502

labrat1996

I can relate. I just bought my third case for the iphone 4 yesterday and plan on getting one from Vaja when they start selling them (that will be a LONG wait I am sure). It will be interesting to see if I end up preferring the bumper style or the flip case style. I currently have a white Apple bumper, a red Marware bumper and one of those vintage leather United SPG cases on order. I also wonder which one will get here first?

16. macnfab macrumors regular

macnfab

I have 8-10 speck candyshells for my 3gs and intend to do the same for i4. I don't buy them all at once and all but one were bought discounted on ebay. I too am a girl and thats explanation enough, right? :p

17. glen e macrumors 68030

I'll have 4-5 cases or so
    2 -3 color bumpers type
    1 full closure case for offshore fishing
    1 high end case for business meetings

Last two undetermined at this point

18. MICHAELSD thread starter macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

Without a doubt, check out Vaja Cases for your high-end case: www.vajacases.com

I think one bumper-style case (I'm not sure which color I want, though)
    One or two "full protection" cases
    One high-end case (which will be a Vaja ivolution)

Should be more than enough for me. I'll probably end up with less cases than these, but we'll see.

19. labrat1996 macrumors 6502

labrat1996

I look at the Vaja site everyday waiting for them to open up ordering. Then I would guess the wait will be about 30 to 45 days like it was for the previous iphones. My last Vaja case got caught up in customs for a whole week. It was AGONY!

20. eddy64 macrumors regular

iSkin

I don't know why people don't give the iSkin cases the credit they deserve. These cases are AMAZING. A little expensive, ranging from 35-50 dollars but they provide awesome protection. The Revo2 case for my 3GS has completely protected my iphone. It has litterally been slammed into a wall several times and it works perfectly. I'm waiting on the new iSkin cases for the iP4 to come out