ID required for existing O2 User to upgrade?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by philgilder, Jul 9, 2008.

1. philgilder macrumors 68000

hi, does anyone know what ID o2 require to do an upgrade to an existing account in store? thanks

2. Petoz macrumors 6502

Petoz

I would have thought you would need proof of ID (driving license or passport) so they know you are who you say you are. But I don't think you would need debit details, as you already have direct debit set up with O2. That is what I would presume. I'm an existing customer too, and was just going to turn up with my wallet, as that has driving license and cards in. Plenty i hope.

3. sneeks macrumors 6502a

I was advised to print a copy of my o2 online bill and that would be enough. Your debit/credit card will be used to confirm your address details.

4. philgilder thread starter macrumors 68000

5. SayCheese macrumors 6502a

I asked this question yesterday when I went in to the O2 store to confirm that I could upgrade.

They said that I need my debit card and my driving license. As long as the address on my driving license matches the address on my current O2 account I shouldn't have a problem.

I would think that if you don't have a driving license that a passport would be ok.

6. Igantius macrumors 65816

Yup, should be - but to be on the safe side, if I was in that position I would also take a bill with my address on.

7. dog299 macrumors regular

i asked in two O2 stores and one CPW last night (yeah i had that kinda time before my gym) and all they said is a Debit Card.

Still might take another form just incase.

8. karnsculpture macrumors member

My local store told me I would just need a credit or debit card with the same billing address as my o2 account.

9. philgilder thread starter macrumors 68000

ok, so its basically a debit/credit card, and maybe a bill/driving license/passport just in case

thanks

10. BigBadJohn macrumors newbie

I've placed an order as a new customer through cpw and i'm having to show copies of a utility bill and passport. I had two contracts with them until 9 months ago.. go figure.

11. nomad01 macrumors 68000

nomad01

Just spoken to my local store and after we established that I could upgrade instore (after being told I couldn't initially), I was confidently told that I just needed a debit card.