ID3 Tag Editor?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Optimus Rhyme, May 7, 2007.

1. Optimus Rhyme macrumors regular

Hey guys.

After looking at my music, I noticed that I was missing lots of cover art and album names for a large portion of my music. After editing the album tags for a number of them myself, I got sick and tired of it and decided to find a program to do it for me. After having a look, it appears that most of the ones I could find were not freeware.

I'm looking for an ID3 tag application that will automatically go through my music and fill in the fields for me. Does anyone know of software that does this? If so, preferably freeware, but I'll take suggestions too.

Thanks.

2. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada

Pretty sure there is no software that will analyze your music and fill in the gaps for you.

that would be sweet though

3. Optimus Rhyme thread starter macrumors regular

I used one for the PC that did essentially that. I know there are some available, just curious as to if anyone knows of any.

4. bmcgonag macrumors 65816

bmcgonag

try iEatBrianz, just google it.

Worked great for me with the same issue.

Brian

5. Optimus Rhyme thread starter macrumors regular

Perfect. Exactly what I was looking for.

Thank you.

6. bmcgonag macrumors 65816

bmcgonag

Just watch what it finds, and make sure it has the correct song. If it shows the wrong song, click on the info it found, and there is usually a list of likely candidates that you can choose from.

Best,

Brian

7. Optimus Rhyme thread starter macrumors regular

I noticed it was completely off with a couple of it's first guesses, but in general I have found that it's found the song and album I wanted it to. Not as perfect as me entering the data myself, as I find I have to edit some parts, but it's far far far quicker, which will do me just fine.