ID3 Tag - Please Help!! Urgent!!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by nope7308, Sep 25, 2009.

1. nope7308 macrumors 65816

nope7308

I just bought a Sony Walkman and my music files aren't displaying properly. To be more specific, I've noticed the following issues on select albums:
    - Improper genre
    - Incorrect track listing
    - Missing album artwork

All my files are MP3.

Now, is there a program out there that can pull the file information from iTunes and then correct the ID3 tag for each music file? My iTunes library is perfectly organized and I don't want to manually change the ID3 tags for 13G of music. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

What about going in and fixing just those select albums? I haven't found anything on the Mac side that works as good as Tag&Rename on the PC side. It costs 14 bucks or so, but man is it sooooo worth it.

You can try XLD for the Mac side to re-tag some of your files.

3. ungraphic macrumors 6502a

ungraphic

Sony mp3 players don't do a proper job of ID3 tagging. Take a 2 disc album;

Artist > Album > Disc 1
    Artist > Album > Disc 2

When you browse through your tracks, youll notice that all of the tracks in Disc 1 and 2 will be organized like this

Track 1 of Disc 1
    Track 1 of Disc 2
    Track 2 of Disc 1
    Track 2 of Disc 2
    Track 3 of Disc 1
    Track 3 of Disc 2

Instead of the proper way;

Track 1 of Disc 1
    Track 2 of Disc 1
    Track 3 of Disc 1
    Track 1 of Disc 2
    Track 2 of Disc 2
    Track 3 of Disc 2

Album art and other things of such are a mess in the sony mp3 players, its not exactly your mp3 files at fault, its a combination of itunes encoded music and playing them back on the sony. Things just don't really jive too well. I have an old Sony NW-HD5 and all music thats encoded by iTunes usually imports fine into SonicStage however other times complete albums will go unimported giving me errors of some kind, for some reason. Any other encoder, and it works fine.

You could try re-encoding the tracks in a batch process using software like Max (which is what im doing as we speak, am preparing 128kbps mp3s encoded with LAME for my Cowon S9). If not, try other software to edit tags, like Audion (the only other reasonable software for playing back mp3s on the mac side, which is a shame, itunes is such a memory hog).

Good luck!

4. nope7308 thread starter macrumors 65816

nope7308

Thanks for the response.

Just to clear things up, I'm using the Sony S639 which doesn't require Sonic Stage. In terms of track order, I have several 'single albums' (1 CD) in which the tracks are out of order. So, I think the problem has more to do with the ID3 tags than the Sony player itself.

Unfortunately, it doesn't look as though I'll be able to do a 'batch fix'. Since only some of the albums have issues, I have to manually go into each one, and then correct the track order/album art individually. That could take several hours to complete...

So, is there a program that pulls file information from iTunes and then adjusts the ID3 tags accordingly? There is nothing wrong with the music files themselves (320kbps MP3), but the ID3 tags don't match the file info in iTunes.

I would really appreciate any help on this matter. Thanks again!

5. nope7308 thread starter macrumors 65816

nope7308