dmueller6

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 27, 2012

SmurfBoxMasta

macrumors 65816
Nov 24, 2005
I'm only really here at night.
Been there, done that.... It works well enough for normal everyday uses but not for things like video or other I/O intensive work.

However, that ad you linked to seems a bit odd looking, as if it was made up by a 2 yr old. Plus it is a bit misleading, stating that the adapter will turn your old drives into next gen high speed devices.......uh huh, yea right :p

IMHO, I would just get an external case and the portability that comes with it too, for just a few more $$........

adcx64

macrumors 65816
Nov 17, 2008
Philadelphia
Those have been known to lead to data corruption, so i do not reccommend this. You could very well ruin some data on your drive.

dmueller6

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 27, 2012
I think because its in an enclosure that it may look weird. I do have an external usb case but then i need to have 2 cords , usb and power going to the thing. With the adapter, it should fit in the g5 case and no one can see it. I know about the performance hit, but new drives are crazy high right now.

skinniezinho

macrumors 65816
Jan 1, 2009
Portugal
back in the athlon xp time, this came with a very well known motherboard, the abit nf7-s, so if it is a good one I guess you won't have problems.
I had a cheapo one and when I used it ,it worked fine.