IDE for C/C#/C++

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by smogsy, Jan 10, 2010.

1. smogsy macrumors 6502a

Hi,

I need a IDE for the Programming languages within the title,however i need it to have a interface builder within it,

i like to design my app first then code each part after i find it easier to learn (im just starting out) i tried mono-develop but wouldn't give me the interface for C only VB :/

2. smogsy thread starter macrumors 6502a

3. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

If you are only just starting out, pick a language and stick with it. Don't try and learn all three at the same time you'll just confuse yourself.

4. chown33 macrumors 604

AFAIK, there is no single IDE with an interface builder that targets all 3 languages.

Xcode and IB don't target C#.

5. djourd macrumors member

You can use Eclipse. I recommend getting familiar with Xcode it is quite powerful. This isn't the forum to get help with C#

6. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Visual Studio under Windows is the only thing that meets your requirements.

7. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

Although it does not have an interface builder as such for the straight C Win32 API and to get access to the C++ interface builder for MFC and ATL you need at least the Standard edition (which is not free). At least that is how I remember it the last time I looked into the subject.

I might be wrong, being able to download Visual Studio 2008 Professional through the Microsoft Dreamspark program has meant that I haven't used the express versions in a little while.

8. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

^^ I was only thinking of the Pro version this time I'm afraid :eek:.