Idea about Macworld 08

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Pathfinder55, Dec 7, 2007.

1. Pathfinder55 macrumors 6502

Here's an idea, what if Apple announces the new "ultra portable MacBook" and they update the current MacBooks too! I think that would be a great idea. I'm also looking to buy a MacBook very soon so, does anyone think this is possible?

2. jnc macrumors 68020

jnc

...MacBooks came out in November.

If there even IS a new smaller MBP product at MWSF08, it will be introduced along with updated regular MacBook Pros

3. basesloaded190 macrumors 68030

basesloaded190

no not a chance seeing as though they JUST upgraded the macbook. if you want a macbook nows the time to buy one

4. pilotError macrumors 68020

pilotError

Maybe we'll find out why they told us to be ready for resolution independence in 2008.

5. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

While I agree that the MacBooks probably won't be updated at MWSF I don't think that there would have to be regular MBPs updated at the same time. When the first 12" powerbooks came out there was not an update of the then current 15" powerbook.

6. noodle654 macrumors 68020

noodle654

7. jnc macrumors 68020

jnc

Well, they are "due" and the requisite chips will be available.. Makes sense.

8. capitanbuzo macrumors 65816

The Macbooks were just updated and are not due for an update. They received a slight processor jump and the Santa Rosa chipset, while the Macbook Pro received only BTO update. The Pro line is due for an update at MWSF.

9. Josheua macrumors regular

I believe he was talking about the macbook pro's. Which I think we are all waiting for....no....I am....I really want to get a mac. I hate my dell. Hate. (not even kidding)

::sigh::

Come on January 15th...

10. capitanbuzo macrumors 65816

That's a my bad. And trust me, your computer is a lot better than the one I am on. I am either using a home built 2.0ghz Celeron Single core with 512mb of RAM or a home built 2.4 Pentium 4 Single core with 768mb of RAM. Hard thing is I wont be able to get rid of the 2.4 Windows because I need to use it's Media Center to put videos on my iPod. Gotta love having 400+ videos that are at least 30 min long taking up only 46GB on your iPod.

11. MezicanGangxtah macrumors regular

If they do update macbooks it will only be to add LED.