Idea: Combine Modular watchface with Photos and Timelapse

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by alexanderasher, Sep 23, 2015.

?

Would you use a Modular watchface with custom photos or a timelapse as a background?

1. Yes

78.9%
  2. No

21.1%
  1. alexanderasher macrumors member

alexanderasher

My personal preferred watchface is Modular, mostly because of the fact it gives me the most information out of all of the faces. I prefer this because it lets me view multiple things all at once: fitness, calendar, temperature, time, date, and battery at just a single glance.

But, the black background is relatively plain. While the new colored addition added with WatchOS2 is nice and much more pleasant to look at than the plain white text, I feel it'd be nice if we could add in a background image or even a timelapse.

Anyone else like this idea or no?

2. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Equally nice to have would be complications in the corners on the photo and time lapse faces, since not all of us need that much information on Modular.

3. alexanderasher thread starter macrumors member

alexanderasher

I'd be okay with that too, honestly.

My biggest issue is not having my calendar or temperature outside, as those two influence my morning routine. The other things I could deal without, though I'd prefer not to.

4. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Yes, digital faces without complications kill the usefulness of those faces, at least for me.

5. Mac2me macrumors 6502a

I love the new color choices for Modular face, have mine on Turquoise with a Stone band. Right now though I have the face set to a custom photo and the date and time appear across the top right of the photo (unfortunately on top of one of the photo image's head and face, wish we could move the time around on that face). Because of my experience with Photo, I think adding an image behind all that type on Modular would just make it look like a jumbled visual mess and it would make it difficult to see the individual complications easily when the watch face awakens.

So think it would be a bad idea, clean background for Modular is the best way to go.

6. BarracksSi Suspended

BarracksSi

Agreed with Mac2Me -- if I want to see a photo of my wife, I don't need a bunch of complications … uh, complicating things.

Besides, swapping faces is only a press and a few swipes.

7. matrix07 macrumors 68040

matrix07

Every watch face should have complications IMO. If somebody don't want it just set them to None.