idea for a different way to access spotlight in 3.0?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by actorkid, May 7, 2009.

1. actorkid macrumors 6502

I don't know about everyone else, but I'm very excited for the spotlight feature in 3.0....i just have one gripe with it....

I'd like an easier way to get to it. Clicking home once to bring you to page one, then pressing home again to bring you to spotlight just seems like trouble to me....think of how many times you'll accidentally get sent into favorites/iPod because the iPhone reads it as a double click.

So what does everyone think about this?

On ANY page on the home screen, you can just swipe up or down (rather then left and right) to bring up the spotlight page. then from the spotlight page you could swipe up, down, left, or right....it would just bring you back to the last home page you were on.

Thoughts?

2. billandy macrumors regular

isn't it what pre's doing? but man you gotta have a great sense of orientation to figure out what's going on. sadly though i don't have a good sense of orientation...

but seriously it's two extreme ways of doing things, one's put physical button for every single feature of the phone like what lg does. the other way it apple's iphone approach. i think two other buttons may help, but then it wouldn't be iphone any more...

3. AiralynRose macrumors 6502a

you can swipe to the right to get to spotlight from the home screen. i'm usually always on the home screen anyways.

4. CrzyCanuck72 macrumors 6502a

I've always thought Apple should implement up and down swipes on the springboard to launch user-specified screens. Two really useful ones would be to swipe up/down for the phone dialpad, and for a new text message. If they were user-set, though, you could set one for Spotlight.

5. skwoytek macrumors 6502a

Hopefully we'll see a more innovative feature for swipe up and down.

6. english06 macrumors member

Amen and a half.