Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DrDomVonDoom

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 30, 2010
Fairbanks, Ak
I have a idea for a pretty sweet stylus accessory, unless all of you know of one that already exists. But make a stylus with a pen holder that attached to the magnets that hold the smart cover on. The magnets are pretty strong, and it would be rather handy for people using stylus a lot or for artists using the iPad.

Is there one already available? Or should I take this to kickstarter? Lol

ctbear

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2010
I have a idea for a pretty sweet stylus accessory, unless all of you know of one that already exists. But make a stylus with a pen holder that attached to the magnets that hold the smart cover on. The magnets are pretty strong, and it would be rather handy for people using stylus a lot or for artists using the iPad.

The Jot has a magnet inside, albeit not very strong.

jsh1120

macrumors 65816
Jun 1, 2011
The Jot has a magnet inside, albeit not very strong.

Just a detail. The more expensive Jot Pro has the magnetized feature. It works quite well though it's more suitable as a spot to keep the stylus while working than as a place to hold it while moving the iPad. The magnets are simply not strong enough to hold it in place if the iPad is jostled.

WPSam

macrumors newbie
Dec 15, 2010

The stylus would have to be square to as not to roll. There is also a chance it could damage the ipad since it would be a bump pressed again a flat surface. Otherwise i like the idea. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.