Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ThiagoAlencar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 24, 2011
HI everyone,

I'm looking for a dock that works with my iPhone 4 and has a RCA audio out (or a line to RCA audio out), an USB port for charging and a remote controller so I can hear my music from far away. The ideia is to build a stereo-like thing with my iphone (and ipod classic too), my M-Audio AV40 speakers and the dock, but I do not know any dock like that, anyone can help?

The schematics will be as below:

...[iPhone]
....[Dock]-----------<[AV40 speakers]
........\_____________[AC adapter]

and the [remote controller] to operate everything.

Any suggestion will be appreciated

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
There are numerous docks out there but if you're dead set on USB and RCA then you'll have very limited options. Quite a few docks use 3.5mm for line out and you'd just need to get the proper cable. Some docks use their own power connection. It sounds like anything from the Apple Universal Dock to the Pure i20 would work for you.

You can check here the latest models with detailed video reviews on the best iphone docking stations available in the US.

:)
http://ipoddockingstationwithspeakers.com/
OP would be connecting the dock to existing speakers. A dock with speakers is not needed.

biohead

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2010
West Drayton, UK
If you're feeding the speakers via RCA, and the USB port is just for power, then the Apple Universal Dock will do exactly what you need.

Has an IR port for remote control (I don't know if it still ships with the remote or if it's only sold separately now), dock for iPhone (with changeable adaptors if you upgrade to the next iPhone), Dock IN port and 3.5mm out on the rear.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.