Idea for Apple to keep waiting customers happy

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Honey Badger, May 3, 2015.

1. Honey Badger macrumors 6502a

Honey Badger

Im bored and have a June delivery that, regardless of my compulsive checking, hasn't changed since I ordered right after pre-order launch so I was just thinking that the queue process would be so much better if Apple just gave us each a number when you order and then have a website we can check to see what number they are up to since Apple has stated that they are shipping in order. So if I was like 1,560,321 and they are up to 252,455, I would be much more understanding about the distribution time and that I have a long wait ahead. It would actually be nice to see the progress every time I check the website to see what number they are up to rather than not having a fricking clue. I don't know, just a thought as I sit here with morning boredom. :)

2. MacDavey macrumors newbie

You do get an order number though, which although isn't Watch specific, I guess it does increase ?

Nice idea though being able to compare numbers with others to see how your delivery is going.

3. mynameisjosh macrumors regular

mynameisjosh

That would be a bit more difficult considering they would have to come up with 38 different queues for people to check. But I guess it could be feasible.

4. largefarrva macrumors 6502a

That is true, and because of this I'm sure it would probably not be cheap to come up with a system like this. And we all know Apple certainly doesn't have the means to afford such a system. /sarcasm :)

5. frankeliason macrumors member

This has been discussed in other threads. It is a great idea but has two challenges. First it would require Apple to release the quantity ordered/fulfilled, which I doubt they would do. Second Apple is fulfilling multiple styles, so they would have to breakdown sales that way, which I also doubt they would do. It would also give a glimpse into production which is unlikely I would not label Apple the most transparent company. I ordered a Milanese very early in the morning, and I am still waiting. Just ordered a SS WSB as well.

6. Subdiv macrumors 6502

One would think that is the case...but I placed an order on 4/28 that was a higher number than another order placed on 4/30...:confused:

7. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

8. zmunkz macrumors 6502a

zmunkz

That would be really cool, but then everyone would know how many they sold...

9. MacDavey macrumors newbie

Well, there's that theory gone !

10. jbenkelman macrumors 6502

jbenkelman

Like when "Mailbox" the app debuted, you got a number, and you could watch it tick down live.

Apple would just have to make a quick app, adjust the numbers so we wouldn't know what the exact sold is, and start counting down.

I WOULD GET NOTHING ACCOMPLISHED EVER.

11. largefarrva macrumors 6502a

and it would be glorious!!

12. Honey Badger thread starter macrumors 6502a

Honey Badger

LOL, perfect!:D

13. Medicman67 macrumors regular

True, But then we would only look at the site in the AM to see where they are and if it wasn't close not check it all day. And you have to admit part of the anticipation is not knowing where they are at and constantly looking through the post too find out. At least for me it makes the non working days go by faster##