Idea for inclusion in future iTunes update

Discussion in 'macOS' started by pw3180, Aug 18, 2011.

1. pw3180 macrumors newbie

Was just wondering what you all thought about this idea for inclusion in iTunes, perhaps in a later version.

Basically I add a lot of new albums to my library quite frequently. Now, I knwo there is the recently purchased playlist that can identify those you purchased. But I also add other albums ripping some of my jazz cd's I've collected from years gone by. I tend to rip a few cd's from my collection at a time but more than that becomes tedious.

Anyway to get to the point, sometimes I lose track of what I've added to my library. And then forget it's there and don't listen to it.

So how about the inclusion in the main iTunes library of a filter. For example you can view by the date added. Eg. filter those added in the past week, 2 weeks, 1 mth, 2 mths etc. etc.

What do you think about this idea? Unless I'm missing something, there isn't something like that in iTunes at the moment.

Would appreciate your views.

2. BaldiMac macrumors 604

BaldiMac

3. pw3180 thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh I see. So going forward I would create this smart playlist and anything I add will be added to this list?

I didn't know it could be twekaed liked that. But it would be nice to have afilter drop down at the top of your entire library where you could filter. Even for example filter those added by certain date.

Anyway, thanks for sending the link. Much appreciated.

----------

Got it. You can add the filter in the smart playlist so that it adds anything after a certain date, and live.

Thanks so much for pointing this out to me. Without your help I wouldn't have known this.

Paul