idea for jailbreak app

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jaybeeb, Jan 7, 2011.

1. jaybeeb macrumors newbie

I have been looking for some functionality on a jailbroken app that does not seem to be out there.

Basically, if somebody loses their iPhone there is now the capability to "Find My iPhone" and locate it on a map. Although MobileMe has always had this along with many other things which are useful only when the phone is switched on.
    My thoughts are to have an option to have the power button disabled for when the passcode lock is enabled.
    This way the thief cannot turn the phone on unless they get to a computer to put it in recovery mode etc.. Giving the owner more time to locate or deter the stealing of their iPhone. I dont think it is a hard one to do but I am not a developer so wouldnt know really.

If anyone thinks they may be able to do it I would love to hear from them.

2. Cameron08 macrumors member

the thief has to turn the phone on eventually (-: idk about the recovery mode...

3. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

How about an app that kills the proximity sensor for those of us poor bastards still on 4.1?

4. jaybeeb thread starter macrumors newbie

Dont really understand. If the thief wants to turn it off and the on/off button is disabled he cant unless he
    a. smashes it up
    b. takes it apart
    c. connects to computer and downloads app to kick into recovery mode

These 3 things will irritate the thief and buy the victim more time.

My phone got stolen recently and the situation it happened this would have been very benneficial.

5. seanwebb68 macrumors 6502

6. Bandolier macrumors 6502a

iLocalis already does this. It disables turning off the iPhone.