Idea for sorting out apps (spaces on iphone)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by harry20larry, Dec 23, 2008.

1. harry20larry macrumors 6502a

harry20larry

spaces would be a great idea.
    I could imagin it it, three fingers held down on screen for 2 seconds and you get this (sorry about crappy animation):
    [​IMG]

Made a new concept to allow unlimited app space, and maybe a quicker and easier way of find your apps in a linear way instead of visual, what to do you think (again, sorry for the crappy animation):

[​IMG]

2. sergiuria macrumors 6502a

sergiuria

3. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Cool idea but I'd just prefer they give us folders.

4. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

I think folders would be okay but, I like this idea because you don't need any extra icons on your screen. I like the idea of being able to hide my apps away. For some reason I like my iPhone to look stock, but I cannot live without VNC and Chat. For things I hardly ever use, I'd like to keep them put away until I need them instead of having everything on my SpringBoard.

Maybe instead of a 3-finger tap, they could use a pinch-in feature to activate the different spaces.

In reality, I don't think Apple would do folder or spaces. I think they really wanna keep the sliding page thing.

Also, I think the SpringBoard should be more like the Dock in OS X. Keep only stuff you use on a daily basis there... then if you need something else, you just open up your Applications folder or search for it. That's what used to be awesome about web-apps... you could have a very clean, minimal SpringBoard and then if you needed a certain App to do something, you just launched Safari and used the Bookmarks. This was cool because all of this was tucked away in Safari. I wish we had something like this for native apps... maybe like a Finder.app would be cool. Open that, and you could manage all of your Apps, Files and Folders!!!

5. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

The reason I could see Apple going for this 'spaces' idea is that it doesn't change HOW you organize, it just changes how you access that organization.

Giving us folders would change the way we arrange the phone. This idea here gives advanced users a different way of looking at things without changing anything for people who don't care. -> Features that allow users to ignore them = More likely.

For that reason I can imagine them doing this whereas I don't really think folders are likely.

6. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Nice,I had never even thought of Spaces o the iPhone, but that would be pretty hot.

7. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

How about DASHBOARD on the iPhone so we can put Calculator, Stocks, Weather, and Clock AWAY. I NEVER use those icons. They should be like Dashboard in OS X.

8. Russell2686 macrumors newbie

yeah me too i have those icons and just want to get rid of them for good