Idea for the Maps App, something I feel will be VERY useful.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by newyorksole, Aug 8, 2008.

1. newyorksole macrumors 68020

Ok so I'm often going to NYC for exclusive sneakers or clothes, and have about 40 shops stored in my Maps Bookmarks.

Instead of going into bookmarks and pinpointing ONE store, why not be able to pinpoint many stores? I don't have memorized where all the stores I shop at are so it would be nice if Maps could leave like 8 stores I want to go to pin pointed so I don't have to go to each individual one and try to remember where they are.

2. nlivo macrumors 6502a

I agree, that would be nice.

Another nice map feature would be that you can rotate the map around either using two fingers or three fingers.

3. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Twisting a map round, would I imagine come at some point after phones that do Android have built-in compasses.
    Remember two fingers moving away or towards is pinch, two or three finger tap is zoomout.

Sounds for the other like you want waypoints, or a multiple select. Maybe a web app might be able to do this? It wouldn't be too complicated. A kml would do the trick. If you could create an on the fly kml through selecting your bookmarks. Heck - if they're planning on showing where multiple contacts are on a map, they should be able to do this.

4. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

On the topic of Google maps...

Other phones recently got an upgrade with transit info and routing. Buses, trains, or even by foot.

http://www.google.com/transit

Since the iPhone has so far eventually gotten what other phones have with Google Maps, we should see Transit directions fairly soon.