Idea on when Amazon will start carrying new ipod touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by itsliz89, Sep 9, 2008.

1. itsliz89 macrumors member

Hi all. I was hoping someone would be able to help me make a decision regarding where to purchase the new ipod touch. I'm not familiar with Amazon and how they run things as far as Apple products go. I've been waiting for the new ipod to be released and am excited it has finally come.

Here are my options:

1. Purchase ipod touch on Apple right now and have my name engraved. Then wait for it to come.
    2. Go to the Apple store tomorrow. I will be near the mall tomorrow anyway so gas isn't a factor :)
    3. Wait for it to be on Amazon and save money on tax and use my $25 Amazon rewards.

I want to purchase on Amazon just to save some money, but I don't think I'd be able to wait another month if it takes that long or longer for Amazon to start carrying the ipods!

:apple:

2. itsliz89 thread starter macrumors member

3. NY10940 macrumors newbie

Just ordered mine on Friday September, 12th.

Picked 2-day shipping and now patiently waiting for the estimated delivery date of September, 19th.

I noticed that Amazon's stance on whether or not the new iPods have been in-stock have been wavering all throughout the weekend.

Has anybody ordered through Amazon while it stated that the new iPods were in-stock?, and did the iPod actually ship same-day?:confused:

4. itsliz89 thread starter macrumors member

I'm assuming you've received yours? I made my order on the 15th. At the time, they were expected to have the ipods in stock later in the week, but I placed my order anyway. I noticed that they were in stock before my order but I wanted to wait until the payment on my card cleared. Anyway, ordered on the 15th, checked the status of my package and it's already been shipped. It's in NV right now and it is estimated to arrive tomorrow! I chose 2 day shipping. I got an email stating that the item would be shipped earlier than expected because they became in stock, but I didn't receive a shipping confirmation email.

5. Fidgetyrat macrumors regular

I ordered mine through amazon on the 11th. It is in transit now and should be at my door by tomorrow (18th). Just took an entire week to replenish their stocks (or get the first shipment, whatever the case).

6. NY10940 macrumors newbie

Mine was shipped to me yesterday mid-afternoon.

Took 6 days from the day ordered, to the day shipped.

But because Amazon has the new touches in-stock, it should only take people 2 (if they select 2-day shipping).